Monday, October 13, 2014

Fancy Fox Quilt

 I have finished the top of
Fancy Fox
Pattern by 

 I really enjoyed making this quilt!
 Who doesn't love these fancy fox faces?
 The pattern is Jelly Roll friendly
I found an old "Nest" jelly roll by Tula Pink
tucked away in a box, and knew it would be perfect for this project.
Cleaning out boxes can feel like Christmas :)
 The pattern comes in several sizes
but I decided to make the lap size 50" X 62"
which requires 42 Fox faces
 Soon I was chain piecing the sections
and the design wall began filling up fast.
 For the background I used the color gray
by American Made Fabrics
 My grandson Noah loves to sing the song
What Does The Fox Say? by Ylvis
I sang the lyrics a lot as I sewed 
Kind of an addictive tune :)

Your fur is red, so beautiful!
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! 
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! 
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho! 
Joff-tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff! 
WHAT THE FOX SAYS! 

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

How adorable! I can see that it must have been lots of fun to watch it grow on your design wall. Great job!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

isn't that cute! kids will love this

Needled Mom said...

That is just darling. Now I have that silly song in my head for the rest of the day!!!!

em's scrapbag said...

This is such a fun quilt! Great for a little boy.

Material Mary said...

So totally adorable Nedra...I have a new grandbaby coming in Feb and momma wants a baby fox quilt....I might be making one soon...
Mary

Sara said...

Such a cute quilt - love how the bright fabrics make those faces look so happy.

stitch quilt knit said...

Great fabric choice!! I love your foxes. I just bought this pattern last week but not sure which fabric to go with :))