Friday, September 14, 2012

Centennial Sampler

While we were visiting Quilting Sisters in Payson, Arizona, I was so happy to see one of the award winning quilts from the Arizona Centennial Quilt Project Fabric Challenge.

Kathy MacCleary won 3rd place for her
Centennial Sampler

I have been following these quilt ventures for over a year now and have written several posts on the project.
The State guild offered a challenge to work with their specially designed 11-piece fabric line South West Beauties by Jason Yenter and In The Beginning Fabrics.

I was quite impressed with Kathy's creativity and the 3-D embellishments


A wonderful tribute to 100 years of Statehood for Arizona.

2 comments:

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

I like that 3D effect! Very interesting quilt!!

Lois Evensen said...

What lovely quilts! And, it is interesting that Arizona became a state after my parents were born.