Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Quilt Book

Last week I was viewing "Mrs Schmenkman Quilts" blog and she highlighted a new book that is just in the process of being released. It's called "Hand Applique Quilts" by Tonye Belinda Phillips. I had never heard of Tonye before, so I checked out her web site. What wonderful things she has created for this book. Her style is whimsical, and I love the fun fabrics she uses for her applique. Of course I ordered it right away and my own copy came a few days later in the mail.
I've been e-mailing Tonye back and forth the last few days and she has been so helpful in answering my questions. I've been quite impressed with her personal nature. She has a studio in Sisters Oregon, and works quite closely with the staff at Stitchin Post Quilt Shop. Make sure to check out her site at www.tonyebelindaphillips.com

2 comments:

Eileen said...

This is the kind of book that I could look at over and over again.. and would keep it on my bedstand. Thanks for sharing where to get it!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Hi! I had the opportunity to see Tonye at the Camp Sherman Quilt Show where she was the featured quilter. All those quilts in her book were in person and fabulous. Beautiful work and such a flair for fun! I also had the pleasure of meeting Tonye and having her sign her book for me...what a special artist she is! Rising Star or Star already bright but going to be Brighter!! Pam