Thursday, June 19, 2008

My First Blog


This may come as a surprize to some, but up until a few weeks ago I was unaware that there were "quilt blogs". For some reason I thought people mainly blogged with family and friends. Then my girlfriend Judi sent me a blog site from a lady in her quilt group in Alpine, Utah. Once I entered "Freda's Hive" and read Nanette's entries, I was transformed! I had to check out every site she recommended on her blog list. I found women, like myself who love to quilt, are dedicated to their families, read good books, and even share recipes. It doesn't get much better than that.

I am a social quilter. I love seeing the projects others are working on. I love being exposed to your creativity and individual expression through fabric. I have so many happy memories being with girlfriends while we work on quilts. I see this site as an extension of that experience. Thank you for sharing your talent with me. Hopefully I can pass something along that will interest you as well.

4 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Hi Nedra! Welcome. What sweet things to say. I look forward to seeing your quilts and finding more out about you. It's a wonderful way to connect with women and belong to the world's best quilt group!

Suzy said...

Welcome to the blog world! I'm fairly new also (since January), and the quilters you meet in blogland are some of the most wonderful people! Very generous and giving. You're gonna love it here! :o)

Eileen said...

Hi Nedra! Your blog is off ot a good start. We all love seeing trunk shows!
Thanks for joining us in the Summer Stash Challenge! I will add you to the sidebar. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

I notice that your email comes back as "no-reply". If you want people to be able to answer your comments, etc, then go to your profile and make sure your email is listed. It makes things MUCH more fun!
I'll be back to visit you.

Ulla said...

Hi Nedra, I had the same experience last winter, finding a whole world of like-minded people. I'm glad you joined in our stash challenge.