Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Scrappy Crossroads Quilt

 It's beautiful here in the winter in Arizona  :)
Even with a little cloud cover outside today
it's still warm and inviting.
I just finished
Scrappy Crossroads
 Pattern with Free Tutorial
by my friend Lori Holt
of Bee In My Bonnet
can be found 
 A great way to use up scraps!
I knew I saved those little itty bits of leftovers for a reason.
 A total of 
1440
2 1/2 inch scrappy squares 
were used in this project
 For the X part of the block
I used
American Made Brand Cotton
Dark Turquoise
It's the first time I have used this solid
and it was wonderful to work with  !
High thread count and solid to the touch.
 Hey, I remember some of these fabrics
from quilts I made long ago  :)
 And these too!
A trip down memory lane.
 The actual block 
measures 16 1/2 inches unfinished
 You can make the quilt any size you desire.
I opted to make it Twin Size
by putting 
5 rows across
and 
6 rows down.
 I even used some of Lori's fabrics in the scraps
Remember her first fabric line Sew Cherry?
And Millie's Closet ?
Thank you Lori for such a great Tutorial  !!
I feel like I now have a Free Quilt
I'm even considering being brave and
trying to quilt this one myself.
We'll see.

7 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Love the turquoise background. What a beautiful quilt.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Lovely :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well you know I love scrappy quilts! beautiful

LynCC said...

Nice scrappy top! I love aqua.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

It looks great! I love how it's almost a scrapbook of your other projects. I see some prints that I used, too, like those fish (I think it was Odysea by Momo) and of course Lori's prints!

Material Mary said...

Just lovely Nedra.
Mary

Pauline said...

This quilt is absolutely divine - I think I am going to make one soon. I love the turquoise - can you tell me where I might find this brand, I will be visiting the USA in July and will be in Arizona and California. I am familiar with a few quilt stores from past visits - not sure if you can recommend any in Phoenix or Scottsdale, or did you purchase this online? And finally - did you end up quilting this, am curious to know how it looked? Thanks, Pauline, Melbourne, Australia