Friday, May 16, 2014

Michael Miller Challenge Fabric

 As a member of the
Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild
we are joining along with the 
Modern Quilt Guild
for the Michael Miller Fabric Challenge
 As part of this challenge we each received a
Fat Eighth of 6 pieces
of 
Petal Pinwheels
 The challenge is to make anything, as long as it's quilted.
The Prize:
3 winners will receive each month for a year
a "goody box" filled with fabrics from their
newest collections.
Sign me up!
 Yesterday we drove from Arizona to California
and I worked on the beginnings of my design.
English Paper Piecing Coffin shapes
(yes you read that right: Coffin shapes)
 It's so wonderful to come home.
My favorite part of the drive is
Pacheco Pass with all of the fruit stands.
We loaded up with freshly picked 
cherries
apricots
and 
pistachio nuts.
Seeing all this fruits beautifully displayed
made me think how grateful I am
to have color
in so many shapes and sizes.