Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dixie Diva September Day Meeting/ Part 1

Our Dixie Diva group met today at Ricci's house. We always start our meetings out with the latest Show and Tell. Bev had just gotten back from Quilt Fest where she had taken a class from Paula Nadelstern.

She worked on techniques from this book.

Paula taught a class on Simple Symmetry.

The group loved the fabric designed by Paula.

Bev gave a demonstration on how she fussy cut her fabric.

Then using a design wall, she put the blocks together in rows.

We voted to do this as a group project in 2010.
Bev has been in Logan all summer sewing away, so she had a lot to share.

I love the colors and the symmetrical lines in this one.


She also put together several Fractured quilts.



Bev made this quilt because she liked the brown focus fabric, and the pattern allowed the big print to show.


A Fun and Done quilt.


More baby quilts for nieces and nephews.


Just north of Logan is a quilt store called "Suppose" in Preston, Idaho. Bev did a lot of shopping there over the summer and came home with the most unique fabrics.
I thought this one looked like a vintage table cloth. In fact, I'd be afraid to cut into this one! So beautiful.

Bev had so much to share today that I'll show Part 2 from the rest of the group on tomorrow's post.
Thanks Bev! You were very missed over the summer, but it looks like you had a very productive time.

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love show and tell and these projects are great. I'm fascinated with the puzzle quilt, it's so interesting.

Nat Palaskas said...

Whats fabulous show and tell. I love spending a day with friends - Hugs Natima

Unknown said...

Hi Nedra, How exciting, all the show and tell is just wonderful. Now for a little surprise for you. If you look closely in Paula's book, Puzzle Quilts, you will see that one of the quilts was quilted by me!! Yes that is right. I couldn't believe she had asked me to quilt this for her either. I was ecstatic when she said it would be in her book. To find the exact page you can look in the index for Jackie Kunkel. I have to tell you I am in love with the one quilt that has the stripes. Just gorgeous!!

Lurline said...

Everything is so very different - oh, that hasn't come out like I meant! So diverse and interesting - looking forward to Part 2!
Hugs - Lurline♥

quiltmom anna said...

I have loved Paula Nadelstern's work for a very long time. I had the privelege of seeing her work at a local guild meeting about 5 years ago. She was fabulous and so was her work.
I know that she has a new line of fabric out and when it arrives in our LQS, I am going to buy a piece so that I can just admire it.
It sounds you all had a wonderful time creating together and learning from one another.
What could be better than that!
Warmest regards,
Anna

Material Mary said...

What some fun projects that were shared. The quilt store Suppose is great for Anna Maria Horner and Kaffe Fassett, Heather Bailey, Julie Poppa and other great quilt designers. Fun quilt store...
Mary

Di~ said...

That last picture is from Good Folks by AnnaMaria Horner! I've been wanting get some of that for a long time, good to know about the quilt store in Preston!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Some amazing stuff. Love the fabric.